The Institute of Light and Joy is a center for people to gather with others and practice ways to have deep authentic experiences of joy and well being.
The Institute of Light and Joy’s mission is to provide people in the community with healing experiences that allow us to find and open up to the joy, bliss, love, mystery, and light that is within us all.
The primary group offering of the Institute of Light and Joy is gatherings where we get together and sing, chant, and tone! We practice and remember ancient techniques for transforming our body, mind, and heart. We practice mindfulness through singing.
Joy also offers individual one on one sessions for freeing the voice, kick-starting creativity, healing with sound, and expanding spiritual awareness.
The Institute of Light & Joy is:
- A place to play and practice how to “lighten up.”
- A place to laugh with yourself and others.
- A place to practice mindfulness through singing.
- A place to remember what we already know about ways to be truly happy.
- A place to remember our free spirits.
- A place to remember our joy.
- A place to remember our love of life.
- A place to remember our radiance.
“If we accept that sound is vibration and we know that vibration touches every part of our physical being, then we understand that sound is heard not only through our ears but through every cell in our bodies. One reason sound heals on a physical level is because it so deeply touches and transforms us on the emotional and spiritual planes. Sound can redress imbalances on every level of physiologic functioning and can play a positive role in the treatment of virtually any medical disorder.”
~ Dr. Mitchell Gaynor, director of Medical Oncology and Integrative Medicine at the Cornell Cancer Prevention Center in New York City